SI² Fund is dedicated to helping social businesses climb the credibility hurdle, enhancing their capacity to access mainstream funding opportunities, and achieve lasting social impact. The way we do this is by providing social businesses and their entrepreneurs with a unique blend of financial and non-financial assistance. These services range from:
– Equity and debt funding opportunities with a minimum ticket size of € 250.000 and a maximum size of € 1.500.000
– Minority participations with active board representations by professional investors
– Strategic advice and tools supporting the entrepreneur in achieving both social impact and financial self-sustainability
– Coaching from fund management team,the Oksigen Group and the Shaerpa Sharing the Passion events
What kind of social businesses are we supporting?
We are looking for inspiring and skilled (teams of-) entrepreneurs with innovative social businesses that meet the following investment criteria:
– Social impact creation is integrated within the business model: creation of social impact is an inseparable component of the business model, not an element which can be easily disconnected.
– A strong and committed team: a team with complementary skills and demonstrable drive to create social change is running the enterprise
– Financial self-sustainability can be achieved with the business model: there is a clear plan to attain financial viability and generate a fair return for investors
– Business concept is original and scalable: the concept embodies an innovative approach to solving social challenges, wherever possible.
– Business is in early stage/growth phase (non-seed): material signs of market traction are required. The fund supports businesses that can prove demand and satisfaction with the provided solution.
– Geographic scope is in Europe with a focus on BENELUX: the business has operations in Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg or adjacent countries. Opportunities exist to invest in other European countries, provided the fund has sufficient capacity to allow proximity.
– Robust deal structure with exit potential: terms allow for sufficient control over the companies’ impact and business goals, without taking an operational role, with exit provisions
If you are confident that your team and enterprise match with the above-mentioned criteria, we are very much looking forward to hearing from you.