SI2 Fund was created with the aim to bridge a funding gap for innovative social enterprises. We deploy human and financial capital plus business and investment expertise to enable and scale social businesses. The ultimate mission is to generate a high societal impact in combination with a fair financial return for our investors.
SI2 Fund is a ‘social first’ type of impact investment fund, and the first of its kind in the Benelux. Its approach to impact investing is characterized by the following attributes:
– Challenging the status-quo: We support ambitious social impact entrepreneurs tackling pressing societal challenges with innovative or system-changing business models.
– Rigorous focus on societal impact: We support social businesses to adopt robust impact measurement methodologies (the SROI framework) and to integrate impact management into their business processes.
– Agile: Our experienced team brings expertise and perspectives from various backgrounds and international experiences to our portfolio companies and investors.
– Connected: We use our network to help social businesses expand internationally, adopt best-practices from abroad and scale their impact.
– Long-term perspective: We work with social impact businesses to ensure sustainable societal change, building businesses that can thrive over the long-term, with lasting impact-focused missions.
– Collaborative: We offer our investors structure and support to deepen their knowledge about early-stage social impact businesses and effectively share their knowledge with our portfolio companies.
The fund is backed by an Investment Committee and seasoned management team with a solid track-record in the sector.