SI2 Fund was created with the aim to bridge a funding gap for innovative social enterprises. We deploy human and financial capital plus business and investment expertise to enable and scale social businesses. The ultimate mission is to generate a high societal impact in combination with a fair financial return for our investors.
SI2 Fund is a ‘social first’ type of impact investment fund, and the first of its kind in the Benelux. Its approach to impact investing is characterized by the following attributes:
– Challenging the status-quo: We support ambitious social impact entrepreneurs tackling pressing societal challenges with innovative or system-changing business models.
– Rigorous focus on societal impact: We support social businesses to adopt robust impact measurement methodologies (the SROI framework) and to integrate impact management into their business processes.
– Agile: Our experienced team brings expertise and perspectives from various backgrounds and international experiences to our portfolio companies and investors.
– Connected: We use our network to help social businesses expand internationally, adopt best-practices from abroad and scale their impact.
– Long-term perspective: We work with social impact businesses to ensure sustainable societal change, building businesses that can thrive over the long-term, with lasting impact-focused missions.
– Collaborative: We offer our investors structure and support to deepen their knowledge about early-stage social impact businesses and effectively share their knowledge with our portfolio companies.
The fund is backed by an Investment Committee and seasoned management team with a solid track-record in the sector.
SI² Fund is linked to Oksigen, a group of companies that provide services facilitating and driving societal impact. This is a significant benefit for our investees as they have direct access to the knowledge and network of the Oksigen Group. Other companies of Oksigen Group include i-propeller NV which advises large companies on innovation and shared value strategies. It also includes Oksigen Lab that provides coaching and advice to organizations seeking to launch or scale entrepreneurial models for maximum social/environmental impact. See also http://www.oksigen.eu/