SI2 Fund was created with the aim to bridge a funding gap for innovative social enterprises, by deploying impact capital, business and investment expertise to enable and scale up social businesses. The ultimate mission is to generate a significant societal impact in combination with a fair financial return.
SI2 Fund is a ‘social first’ type of impact investment fund, and the first of its kind in the Benelux. Its approach to investing is characterized by the following attributes:
– Challenging the status-quo: the fund supports ambitious social entrepreneurs tackling pressing societal challenges with novel or system-changing business models
– Rigorous focus on societal impact: the fund supports social businesses to adopt robust impact measurement methodologies, and to integrate impact management into their business processes
– Agile: the fund is run by a flexible fund management team, bringing expertise and perspective from varied backgrounds and international experiences to our portfolio companies and investors
– Connected: the fund uses its strong networks to help social businesses expand internationally, and adopt best practices from abroad
– Long-term perspective: the fund works with social businesses to ensure lasting societal change, building businesses that can thrive over the long term, with durable impact-focused missions
– Collaborative: the fund provides structure and support for its own investors to deepen their knowledge about early stage social investment and effectively share their knowledge with the portfolio.
The fund is backed by a Committee and skilled management team with a solid track-record in the sector.
SI² Fund is part of the Oksigen Group, which unites organizations that aim for societal impact through intra/entrepreneurial activity. I-propeller NV advises large companies on innovation and shared value strategies. OksigenLab provides coaching and advice to organizations willing to launch or scale entrepreneurial models for maximum social/environmental impact. A holding structure unites the three entities to ensure transparent financial management and coordinate societal impact. See also http://www.oksigen.eu/